Did you know that Dr. Nicole is one of only two chiropractors in the state of South Dakota as a Spinning Babies Aware Practitioner?
Spinning Babies Aware Practitioners are trained in a bodywork protocol intended to allow:
- Comfort in pregnancy—Make room for the baby
- balancing activities during pregnancy may add comfort before and during childbirth
- mom’s job is to dilate; baby’s job is to rotate – making baby’s job easier may make mom’s job easier too
- balancing in labor can be effective for most, but ma not always succeed: overworked core, scoliosis, etc.
- Spontaneous change to a more optimal fetal position, where space is available in the womb—Where is the baby?
- flexion ins more important than position
- baby’s position matters if position stops or delays the descent of baby through the pelvis
- match the pelvic level to a technique that opens that level and softens the muscles and ligaments to it
- Spinning Babies encourages bonding
- nurture the mother and you nurture the baby
- the MotherBaby dyad is physiologically reflective
- empower, validate, and support maternal behavior
- wake the maternal brain where birth and breastfeeding flourish
- 3 principles of Spinning Babies: Balance, Gravity, Movement
- Reduce force and increase ease and comfort
Spinning Babies is an approach to birth that provides optimal mother and baby comfort.